Memory of the Rroma persecution in Europe
Mem-Rrom is a project co-funded by the “Europe with Citizens” Program of the European Union, with the aim of making visible the historical persecution suffered by the Roma people since their arrival in Europe at the end of the 14th century.
Led by Federación Maranatha de Asociaciones Gitanas, Spain, it also includes entities from different countries in Europe such as Madhouse, from Germany; Fondazione Romaní, from Italy; and Rromani Baxt, from France.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Recover and disseminate the memory of Samudaripen (Rroma genocide).
- Increase awareness about social exclusion and its consequences.
- Reduce the anti-Rroma feelings in the society.
- Create forums and debates about respect and diversity.
- Work with young people to make them understand tolerance and mutual respect as efective tools of coexistence.